Wednesday, July 21, 2010

FRIDAY: In which I walk barefoot on London

FRIDAY

This was quite the weekend. Friday night me and some others took the bus out to London in hopes of seeing a show, but we ditched that idea when we made it into Picadilly Circus at 8:05 pm, on account of traffic, taking the Underground, and losing a member of our team for a while.

I made the mistake of wearing heels, and my feet were already hurting within thirty minutes. In my defense, I thought we would be sitting in a theatre, not walking around. We found an Indian restaurant where I tried Cardamum for the first time, and it was amazing. After that we went searching for a place we could dance the night away in. We found a ridiculous techno club where the walls consisted of broken mirrors, and all the furniture was white leather. Our group had a good time dancing ridiculously to the intense techno music. Around 1 am we left to get the bus back to Oxford (the last one leaves at 2 am). My feet hurt so badly I had the gallant members of our group carry me, and I eventually just took my shoes off and walked around London barefoot. We sat at our bus station for thirty minutes, and spent our time memorizing lines and singing “Hide and Seek”.

Got back to Oxford around 3 very tired and exhausted from a good night. I washed my feet off and fell into bed immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment