Thursday, July 15, 2010

In which I charge across the field

Yesterday was so fun! Julian Glover did a masterclass with us, and it was seriously some of the most fun I’ve had acting. We reenacted the big crowd scene in Julius Caeser (Act 3 Scene 2, “Brutus is an honourable man”), as well as the Cinna the Poet scene afterwards, and it was great! We used the huge courtyard at Balliol, created our own characters, got riled up together and swayed by Brutus and Antony’s speeches, which they made on a hilltop in the courtyard. At the end when the crowd rushes off to kill the conspirators we all ran across the courtyard together screaming. It was like a really huge, really intense game of make-believe, because we didn’t have any rehearsal beforehand. It also reminded me of how much I LOVE Julius Caesar, and how much I’d like to play Mark Antony, even though its’ impossible to. Mark down another role I’ll never play because I’m not a guy.

That evening the group I took classes with went out for some bonding, but I got so tired around 11pm that I checked out and went to bed. We had a great time, though!
Tomorrow a group of us is going into London right after classes end, getting last-minute tickets to a show and then going to a jazz club afterwards. Saturday morning we leave for Stratford Upon Avon for a day of merriment and A Winter’s Tale in the evening. I can’t believe the first week is almost over. Its’ all gone by so quickly, and I can’t imagine how fast this whole experience will go by.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds amazing! So happy you are having such a great time! Joaquin says he misses you... :)

    ReplyDelete